Monday, May 21, 2007

Tute Week 8

I have use MSN for a long time and I am very satisfied with it. I tried out "Active worlds" and there differences from MSN were quite big. It is the same concept, but still I feel that it is very different. In "Active worlds" you can walk around in a virtual world and talk to people you encounter. You can talk to people you do not know and it is more like a game than MSN. On MSN you can only talk to friends if you have their email address. In "Active worlds" you can talk to totally strangers. There are also people that help you figure out how things work. I will never start use "Active worlds" simply because I do not have any friends who use it, and my main object when I am chatting on the net is to talk to my friends. "Active worlds" is a very good concept, but it is not big enough yet. I do not think many people know about it. One more thing is that you need a good machine to make it work perfect. MSN is very simple, easy to access, well known all around the world and the bigger part of your friends has it.

No comments: